My Blog List

Monday, May 17, 2010

You know, the more I think about it, the more I am pissed off about my newest job. The on-call position at the GRH (Group Residential Housing facility for chronic alcholics).

For example, when we work an 8 hour shift - our lunch break consists of sitting in the lunchroom observing residents. We can eat, that's it. No books, no crossword, can't leave the room. On top of that, when ones shift starts at 4pm, that's when dinner is. You have the choice to go in for a 1/2 hour at 4 or 4:30. Period. Friday, I worked a 12 hour shift with no break. The bullshit that the guys deliver isn't worth the working conditions.

I'm going to work a couple more months, save up money for our trip to L.A. then I'm done. It's stressing me out too much and the experience is too negative in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment