My Blog List

Friday, May 21, 2010

/ Interesting, historic article about Minneapolis in the 1920's The photos come from the Minnesota Historical Society which reminds me - I've been meaning to go there and the Hennepin History Musuem. Maybe this weekend...

/ I'm bewildered - My office for my day job is on a one way street that happens to head north and the street is situated one street off of one of the Greenway entrances. This produces a lot of bike traffic - since it's a one way, there seems to be a willy-nilly sense of where to ride. We get them on the sidewalk as well as both sides of the street. My natural inclination is to ride on the right. Particularily on this street as there are cars parked on the left.
There is no signage as to what is the proper protocol and I've been trying to decide what that would be. I think it would be valuable to post it as it causes problems when you get multiple cyclists and they are peppered on the left, on the right and up on the sidewalk. It can be kind of a mess when all the riders come to an intersection or cars are trying to safety navigate around them. I myself ran into this the other day as a cyclist - I was on the street, a man was on the sidewalk - we both met at the Chicago and 31st intersection at the same time. Luckily we were able to navigate and give enough space but if someone wasn't paying attention, a little collison could potentially happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment