My Blog List

Saturday, May 15, 2010


Tired.

Working here at the "Wet House" is starting to make me weary of men just a little more. I'm sure I'm just tired but some of it is the verbal abuse and disrespect that some of these guys deliver. It's ridiculous. I suppose I knew when I signed up that it would be a challenge. There is also the man I discovered um, fooling around with himself as I sat at the desk - I was wearing a t-shirt and a sweater and pants that fit but not tight or suggestive so I'm not accepting any responsibility fo this one. Fuck. Actually, now that it's the next day (editing post), I'm not taking the person who berated me seriously either. He just snapped at nothing and felt it necessary to tell me that now he "knows he hates me". Fine, hate me. I don't give a heck. I'm there to pay bills and save money, nothing else. It's not the environment I would want to build my career in so at this point, leaving that job means little to me.

Tonight, I am just tired and the 12 hour shift on little sleep isn't helping. I also was working through frustration with A's dad the evening before and found out earlier today that A may be held back a grade, the only exception being if she continued in an academic support summer program. This may or may not happen as now they are filling up and I just found out today that the teacher is asking that.

I wish I hadn't taken this 3rd job for many reasons - A fell behind in her schoolwork with a lack of support from the person staying home with her, I was too tired when I was home, I fell behind in my own homework and did less than ideal in my courses and now I am starting to feel angry, weak, a lack of good sound judgement and just simply annoyed with the people I'm supposed to be helping. I'm just tired and the lack of rest is really taking a toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment