My Blog List

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So I went from 2 jobs and school to 3 jobs and school. I'm in a pickle. My full-time job was only funded through April so I began seeking work elsewhere. I accepted an On-Call position last week at a supportive housing program that serves formally homeless chronic inebriates. Yesterday, I was offered a full-time benefit earning position at my "temporary" job. And no matter what, I'm not leaving the Men's shelter unless they can't use me anymore - I looovvveee that job and the guys. Unfortunately, there is no need for me other than 2 shifts a week. *pout pout*

So, all night last night I pondered. I am choosing to stick with the new opportunity as it is following the career path I am pursuing while the offer for full-time employment with my current employer is office and support work - I can't sit day after day in an office, a basement even! Plus, it will put my back on my career path if I stay for a long period - it is a non-profit agency that serves domestic violence survivors, women with chemical and mental health issues but I'm not getting direct service experience...soooo, I think it's time to go as originally planned.

Bring on the bedbugs! The rowdy drunk men! The interesting stories! The scrappers, the lonely and left behind, the gangsters, the hobos, the migrants, the recently laid off or kicked out, those in search of new beginnings, etc, etc, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment