My Blog List

Monday, February 1, 2010

Question of the week: Are men more racist or just more apt to voice their opinions?

I'm finding myself always surrounded by so many racist comments, my head feels like it's going to explode!

It's in my face on facebook, at the shelter, at home, in the Star Tribune comments section, everywhere!

And the very fact that the people voicing their opinions assume that everyone else agrees or at the very least wants to hear it just annoys me.

I personally feel ENRICHED by meeting people from other countries. I LIKE foods from other cultures. I don't feel like my job is threatened by immigrants - legal or illegal, the closest I've felt to that is when a manager told me that I was passed over for the job because I wasn't bi-lingul. I was bummed but life went on and last week I saw another posting for a job I would love but can't apply for because of the same reason. Sure I'm bummed but it's reality. I'm not blaming anyone but myself since I haven't learned a 2nd language beyond the basics.

Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment