My Blog List

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spurred by my continued mid-winter obsession with needing fruits and vegetables, I made Chicken with Green Sauce from scratch, bought a pepper in each color (orange, yellow, red and a sweet green type) and 3 containers of strawberries. I am determined to cut out some of the junk we've been eating since winter took hold - for many reasons: to gain more vitamins and energy, to reduce caloric intake, to reduce high salt and sugar in our diet.

Since my effieciency at multi-tasking while cooking is not ideal - there were some tense moments during the whole operation. That being said, I have gotten over some of my cooking anxiety (some of which was heightened at one point in the previous years when I dated the brother of a professional cook, I was afraid to cook anything around either of them and turns out, due to being broke as a joke due to job loss, it didn't come up. The one time it did, I wasn't allowed the chance to make my dish so I guess I lucked out) and have tried some new recipes this past 6 months. I want to cook and be good at it. Ariana had been a huge help and inspiration as well since she loves to help out with cooking and prepping.

I also looovvvveeee window shopping for pretty casserole dishes and kitchen gadgets but need to cultivate the skills to cook well to go along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment