My Blog List

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I recently found 2Pac's Greatest Hits cassette for 98 cents at Half Price Books (my van has a cassette player still). It's in heavy rotation despite the short playlist.

One of my favorite passages in a song:

"sit down and conversate like you know me, take my hand
Cause even Thugs get lonely, understand
Even the hardest of my homies need attention
Catch you blowin up the telephone, reminiscin
I wanna take you to the movies, empty park
Let's find a spot for you to do me, in the dark
Now that it's passion, hold me tight
Don't need lights, I can see you by the moonlight
I know your man ain't lovin you right
You're lonely under pressure need a Thug in your life"

Something about using the word Thug in a love song style makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment