My Blog List

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Good things:

- Ariana made Spring Rolls last night. And she's fast at it. I think she whipped up 10 or so. Soo good. I couldn't stop eating them, dipped in chili paste and soy sauce alternately. My lips were still burning today.

- My newest project at work - compiling resources for our new Resource Counselor Center. I loooveee gathering up information for services. Hennepin County has so much to offer people in regards to social services, free events, assistance to get back on your feet, etc...
When I moved here, I was used to no services. When I was pregnant, I slept on an air mattress that would deflate overnight, towards the end, I had to roll off in the morning. Once Ariana was born, we had no way to move our real mattress out here and due to an layoff, we couldn't afford to buy a replacement. We all slept on blankets stacked on the floor, baby included. If I had of known of Bridging back then, or felt that we qualified, I could have tried to get a referral there. It took us a while to build up furniture (I suppose we could have charged some but back then I was afraid to use the credit card, I didn't want to have debt - SMART!) so in the meantime, we sat on camp chairs, the ones that fold up and tuck into little bags. Eventually we found a tv stand at the side of our complex's dumpster. Next came a cool lamp (which I still hold dear) and drafting table (sadly, I tossed it during the split) that the guys upstairs from us had left behind - at that point we were caretakers and had to do "turns" when tenants left, that included cleaning up their mess as well.

- Pineda Tacos! I had a chance to scout out the original Pineda - it is within walking/biking distance of my work. I have to stick close due to a short lunch (30 mins) and it's mostly fast food junk super close. I'm happy to see I can zip over to Pineda for some real food.

No comments:

Post a Comment