My Blog List

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Apparently no one is working today...I've already been forwarded 2 joke/fun e-mails this morning and it's not even 9! And I'm sitting here blogging about it!

Just as I was wrapping up to leave the shelter last night, as in 10:04 or something, I get a report of a man down. Upon my investigation, I found a young guy lying on the floor, balled up, kind of rolling back and forth and groaning. Hmm. He had been vomiting and the cold floor felt better to him. He declined any help - ambulance, water, cold rag for his face. I kind of felt helpless at that point.
I filled in the 2 overnight volunteers of the situation and one of them was able to convince E to take a glass of water and a puke bucket. Hopefully all was well the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment