My Blog List

Thursday, December 24, 2009

File under: Now that's Dedication!

Last night as I was headed home after work (x2), I was driving East on Franklin trying to navigate the snowy roads, no lane in sight. Very few people on the street, but as I always do through there, I was peering out at who WAS there trying to see if any of them were guys that may have stayed at the shelter. I got a little past Chicago and see some young hipster looking chap trodding through the snow carrying a case of Black Label. I wondered to myself if he had just walked all the way from Zipps, a store probably 10+ blocks from where he was at that point. The only other thoughts were that he had rode the bus half way and walked the rest or that he bailed on a party and took his booze with him.

Either way, it takes dedication to take your case of Black Label for a walk at 10:30 at night in the middle of a major winter snowstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment