My Blog List

Sunday, October 18, 2009

This Friday, I was filling in at the reception desk for the administrative office of my new gig. I happend to be looking outside as one of the people I directly report to pulled in for the day. She was driving a shiny brand new looking Mercedes SUV thing. All I could think about is damn. How much money does she and her partner make to afford that, insurance, 2 kids, probably a mortgage and most likely a 2nd car of similar caliber. I also noted how bleached her teeth were the last time we met. Not only did it make me not want to open my mouth and talk or smile, it kind of weirded me out because they were so overbleached. People are strange.
I will never know life like that. And I don't actually want to, to that excess at least. It would feel wrong.

1 comment:

  1. i don't think you'd do the same things that she's doing if it were you making that kind of money. granted, i don't know you that well, but i have a hunch.. actually, i want you to make that kind of money (and you totally can) because i'm sure you'd do some pretty solid things with it, that don't involve SUV's!

    ReplyDelete