My Blog List

Friday, October 2, 2009

I've been moving back to basics. Since I got the van this Spring, I've found myself feeling more detached from the greater city.

Lately, I've been riding the bus or walking places. It's important for me to be able to interact and to observe life more closely. It doesn't always bring me happiness (see previous post regarding women being exploited) but it brings me back to reality.

I like the event of walking to the gas station near work and looking over to see a former shelter guest building a fence for a couple in the neighborhood. I can stop and talk to him, share my M&Ms with him then continue back to work. Or walking to pick Ariana up from the busstop and coming across an amazing alley find - a picture window sized canvas (to paint). Originally we had walked by and saw a cute chair. And when I stop back around to pick it up with the van, I not only found the canvas, I discovered that the gentleman liberating himself of these items also plays basketball with the shelter. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment