My Blog List

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm starting to feel a little bit weird about how many of our clients have moved here from elsewhere - namely the Chicago area. Apparently, the social services offerings out there are slim pickins. And the Greyhound, Megabus and Amtrak travels here from there daily and at a fairly cheap rate, definately cheap if you travel the Megabus (at $25 one way). I'm not sure what the job market is in the Chicago metro area but the guys show up and there just aren't enough jobs for all of them, especially for the fields they are seeking work in and considering the fact that a large portion of them have felonies in their backgrounds (even if it was over 7 years ago, it can still affect the job hunt).

I guess in some ways though, if you're not making it where you're at, moving might be the change you need.

Just something I've been thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment