My Blog List

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

PSA:
As someone that drives and rides, I would like to publicly denounce the usage of the basic single tiny LED bulb lights or anything similar to them as a "blinkie" - it's something like the Knog light although maybe these folks are using an off brand or something. They only provide enough blink for a mosquito to see the user, not a vehicle.

I was behind a girl who was riding on Franklin Ave at 8pm tonight. She had one on the front of her bag's strap facing forward and one on the top, supposed to be facing backward (which it was actually facing upright due to her posture on the bike). Point is, they don't project enough light. Her rear reflector is the only light I could see clearly. I only saw the lights because I was on a side street when she originally passed by, I then ended up behind her and saw nothing.

They are giving people a false sense of security and for that, they are dangerous. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment