My Blog List

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A is for:

Assinine things I've said, Notable:
  • When the state Quarters came out years ago, I stood there examining one, eventually asking my husband "Who's Ordie?" Turns out, the Quarter said "Live Free Or Die". Who knew?
  • Shortly after beginning my VISTA job here at the shelter, a co-worker and I took a stroll through the park on the next block over. There are various sorts of activities and a diverse group that hang out there (read: sleep, congregate, deal or buy, use, play frisbee, read, walk their dogs, etc...). As we passed a visibly drunk man perched over his bike, he asked if we had some denomination of money, we said no. "Why not!, not even a Quarter?", he says. And I blurt out, while patting our pockets - "Nope, just our bodies..." What I meant is that we weren't carrying anything but ourselves - no money, no bags, no nothing. Jeesh.
  • Yesterday, a man in the Job Room asked where Wyoming was. Although it seemed odd, I began noting that it was in the Northwest, near Montana. Oops, he was trying to find out where Wyoming, MN was. I forgot there even was one, I don't leave the city enough to keep track of random outlying cities and towns....

I'm sure there are more but that's all my tired brain can dig up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment