My Blog List

Monday, August 9, 2010

I learned in the past few weeks that the preferred method of catcalling is by hollering "Hey Momma!" out yer window. Followed up by the loud smooch emitted out the window, which, by the way, I find pretty impressive. I can barely get my voice to carry across a lane of traffic to the sidewalk much less get my lips to emit a noise loud enough to travel to a target of superficial affection.

Luckily, I'm not the type to be offended by this type of thing. It makes me laugh more than anything - anyone remember the "Hey! Can I smell your seat?!" catcaller??? Jeesh! For those who know me well enough, know that I do not think of myself as womenly, as a sexual being and generally feel like I look dumpy and plain if not invisible in that way. Just recently have I taken to try to up my style again. Years ago, I used to always do my own hair, wear some bright red lipstick, dress cute and feel pretty confident. But then things happened and my self-esteem took a shit and I stopped giving a damn. Then I became a single mom for years and money was stretched beyond what I could handle and I cared even less. Currently, I still don't give much of a damn but I've been dressing up for myself.

I recognize that most catcallers most likely hoot at anyone with T&A so I don't take it personally, for sure. Which is why I find it funny when it happens, if not a bit annoying as well. Same with those types that hit on people in the same fashion - like they've tried everyone else and move on to the next person or the most vulnerable looking person and try again. Stoopid.

No comments:

Post a Comment