My Blog List

Thursday, July 1, 2010

As I sat out the light at Franklin and Chicago yesterday a young'en to my right starts talking in some kinda smooth talk and says "Ooo, pretty lady, you could make sooommmeee monnney.." or something equally gross and to that effect.
What's worse, I think I recognize that player - his cuz brought him to town from Chicago and we crossed paths at work once. I know that street life ain't pretty but I suppose it always holds a story. And hell if there aren't dozens of stories hanging around Frankin and Chicago!

Sometimes I wish I weren't a woman - partially because I know that most men ain't looking for someone or something special, they are just looking because someone is there and is a woman. And in this case, looking to capitalize off of a woman; even worse!

Sometimes I wish I were invisible (in general).

No comments:

Post a Comment