My Blog List

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Testing, testing...

I'm taking the plunge. Creeping slowly from livejournal to Blogger.

I feel like this a way to move from my past into my future. I will keep my lj archives but only as a documentation of history.

This year I have been very humbled by job hunting, helping homeless men attempt to find jobs in a cutthroat market and challenges working with other humans. I have less fight in me than I've had in the past, still stubborn but more willing to back down and shut up.

My family is back to our old routine of evening walks - smelling backyard fires, scaring neighborhood cats, spouting envy over cool houses that we can't afford and just shuffling along. It's what we do. Walk and talk and hope to find notable things or see something interesting. If only we could lose the TV, we would do this more often. And when I say my family, I mean myself, Ariana, her father and the big slobbery beast, Pepper.

Looking forward to fall. The mornings have been crisp and have given me an excuse to pull my sweaters out. Being ever the shy one, I like when I can huddle under my sweater and pull my sleeves down and hide.

We watched The Soloist last night. It was done well, I was impressed that they acknowledged the struggle of wanting to help and not forcing someone to accept help. And wanting to help but being afraid of becoming too enmeshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment